COAL SLAG/BLACK BEAUTY®
Coal Slag Blasting Abrasive
BLACK BEAUTY® coal slag blasting abrasives are known for their high quality, low dusting and low free silica attributes. They are utilized in a wide range of industrial and commercial applications including removal of surface coatings such as rust, paint, and scale from variety of substrates, especially structural steel and concrete. These structures include bridges, ships, water tanks, off-shore drilling rigs, oil field equipment, marine equipment, railcars, and steel machinery.
BLACK BEAUTY® abrasives pass the newest and most technically advanced abrasive specifications in the marketplace. They exceed federal and California standards, thereby enhancing worker safety and reducing costs associated with special waste handling and worker liability insurance.
- Low free silica - less than 0.1% compared to sand at up to 99% free silica
- Fast cutting
- Consistent gradation
- Control during application
- Moisture-free; will not rust, pack or attract dampness
- Gives the highest degree of etch for better bonding
- Meets all known industry abrasives specifications and environmental standards including SSPC AB1, MIL-A-22262B(SH) and 40CFR 261.24a (TCLP)
- Low dusting; passes California Title 17 (CARB)
- Available preblended with Blastox® or Dustnet®
Used for general purpose repair and maintenance blasting including removal of paint, rust, mill scale, and other coatings from surfaces. Requires a minimum suggested nozzle size of 1/4" and under standard blasting conditions will achieve a 3-5 Mil profile.
Utilized for new construction, light paint and rust removal and special maintenance applications requiring reduced profiles. Requires a minimum suggested nozzle size of 3/16” and under standard blasting conditions will achieve a 2-4 Mil profile.
Extra fine (30/60)
Applicable for light blasting requiring a clean surface and minimum anchor profile including Brush-Off Blast or high-pressure water blast systems. Requires a minimum suggested nozzle size of 1/8” and under standard blasting conditions will achieve a 1.5-3 Mil profile.